Monday, February 2, 2009

I would like to thank my fans, all the little people!

No, you aren't the little people, you all mean so much to me. To tell you the truth, as much as I want to be that hot new celebrity dripping with bling and being pursued by cameras, I am not. And if I was, I would take you all with me. I really would. I know how hard every single one of you work each day. Just sitting in the beloved Pointer office on Wednesday nights, I see it.

Leah, with her piles of text books almost as tall as she is.
Mike, leaves to go to church and still comes back afterward rather than doing a half-ass job just to get outta there. And dealing with my off-handed comments even though I am pretty sure I offend you.
Rod, constantly chasing down ad contributors and even making ads so Steve can place them easier.
Erin and Erica, I know you have to put up with a lot in dealing with me. How many times am I going to mix up your names. Honestly!
Rochelle, i know what they say isn't true when it comes to you, I know you don't hate sports writing. I can tell in your dedication and perseverance.
The reporters give me something to read every week, even if they have just as much, if not more homework than I do.
Justin, layout man, the Internet, need I say more? It takes a lot to be all of those things.

As I continue my internship at the Journal, we all need to realize how lucky we really are. In any job the university provides for us we may never find another job like it. It may seem like we are getting screwed by our student government or even the so-called system, but wait until we have to work for "the man."

We wear many hats as students. We often forget this, as do our mentors. Let's not let them forget.

Students, employees, interns, friends, volunteers, explorers, aspiring professionals, writers, our parents children, siblings and family members. Members of many, many families.

Where is the communal snuggie?

5 comments:

JustAnonymous said...

Meh...it is hard to be a man of many titles...thanks for the thanks...

The Krszjz said...

Technically, "J-Glo" isn't so much a title as an epithet.

JustAnonymous said...

Shut up...

Avra Jean said...

douche.

JustAnonymous said...

:O