Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's Summer...Oh Crap...Weather Advisory?

I just want to say "what the hell." I want to say this not only because I don't think I'm allowed to even come close to swearing in the actual paper version of The Pointer but because it is snowing outside. It has seemed to be ages since snow has fallen on the UW-SP campus, but finally our summer vacation has ended and winter has once again befallen us. I did see something funny though when checking out the weather forcast recently on weather.com:

"A COMPLEX STORM SYSTEM WILL BRING SNOW TO THE AREA TONIGHT."

OK...it just seems like a poor choice of words to be saying complex. Makes it seem like the Weather Channel people have no idea what is going on, which could in fact be true. My girlfriend actually always tells me never to believe a meteorologist, but I'm quite gullible. Anyway, if she is wrong and the Weather Channel is right, I have to break my snow shovel out of the icy domain it somehow has been stuck in for the last couple weeks of warm weather. It will probably be the second time this year I've broke my shovel on ice.

"SNOW IS EXPECTED TONIGHT. LIGHT SNOW WILL CONTINUE WEDNESDAY. INCREASING NORTH WINDS ON WEDNESDAY WILL CREATE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF THE SNOW. A TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 3 TO 5 INCHES IS EXPECTED BY LATE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON"

PS: Swimsuit buying season is coming to an end...hurry up and hit your nearest retail store(They seriously get swimsuits in stores in December). That doesn't make sense either...

No comments: