Thursday, February 12, 2009

JustTEN - Romance Movies

Thank you for viewing my weekly Top 10 list blog/column. I recently read somewhere that people enjoy reading top 10 lists. I'm not entirely sure why besides the overwhelming urge to disagree with whomever is posting, so feel free to complain and disagree in the comments, I enjoy a good debate. This being close to Valentine's Day, I've decided to rank the Top 10 Romance Movies. Please feel free to watch them this Saturday with your sweetie. Also, these are only movies I've seen, so maybe I'm missing out.

10. A Walk To Remember - I don't know exactly why I like this movie...it is sad...but as you'll see this is one of many movies that shows just how strong love can be.

9. Harry Potter - Most of the romance hasn't hit the screen yet, but I know that when the new Harry Potter movie comes out in June, there will be plenty of romance between certain characters...ow ow.

8. 50 First Dates - Ok, this is a romantic comedy you have to see, especially if you like movies with abnormal psychological disorders and love...of course.

7. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - This is a trippy movie about memory erasure and romance. It truly shows that love conquers all, even the odd technology in this movie.

6. Beauty and the Beast - I know, you're thinking I'm an idiot for adding a cartoon to my list, but this is a great romantic story, has music, and can be great for those Valentine's dates when you're stuck with the kids.

5. Amelie - A French waitress daydreams of finding love while spending her free time improving the lives of her neighbors. I love this movie, it is very original and it is very funny.

4. Rent - This is, by far, the best musical that has come to the theater in the past 15 years. It has amazing cinematography, amazing singing, and love stories galore.

3. Titanic - What romance list would valid without including the Titanic? I still remember when this movie came out and girls in my class went and saw it like twelve times. I found that ridiculous...I hadn't even seen the movie until 2008. It really is a great movie and tends to grace the top spot of many movie lists like this. Beware of all the nudity though...jeez!

2. PS I Love You - Ok, this movie is really, really depressing, but under the depression there is a love story that travels beyond death. Not so much of a tear jerker like the number one pick which is...

1. The Notebook - I actually kind of own this movie. I borrowed it from my girlfriend and never returned it. Anyway, this movie is the epitome of romance and love, showing just how deep one can fall in love and how much is it really worth. I've seen it so many times and it still seems bring a tear to my eye towards the end.

Wow, that was harder than I thought to actually think up 10 movies. Let me know what I missed and what you think. Happy Valentine's Day!!

2 comments:

erin said...

I do love top 10 lists. Also Brain Damages.
Do the top 10 boob facts! You can do anything you want on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!