Friday, February 13, 2009

Oh so true

This isn't exactly a new post but more of an extended comment to Erin's Post http://uwspthepointer.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-to-survive-pointer-vol-1.htm.

I'd really have to agree with Erin. Commies (as she has decided to call us Communication Majors) are awesome. I've met so many awesome people studying within the Comm. department and working for the Pointer.

Up until last spring, I didn't know anybody within the department. I'd taken a few classes but had no close relationships, academic or otherwise until I took Comm 323: Food and Travel Writing. It was in this awesome class that I met the amazing entity known as Avra, or as Steve Hill calls her when he's frustrated, which is most of the time, "Juhnke."

Avra has since become my best friend. Most people have noticed that we are basically attached at the hip and I don't think I'd have it any other way. Avra's the one who convinced me to work at the Pointer. Until then, I didn't really have a lot of ambition to do it.

Since then, the Pointer has been the most rewarding experience that has happened to me. Working there has been awesome. I've met so many new and awesome people that I now feel like i've known my whole life. Its hard to imagine that only 6 months ago, I barely knew Katie, Avra, Leah and Rod. The others I had never met: Justin, Rochelle, Mike, Erin, Steve, Steve and everyone else who puts up with my bullshit on Wednesday nights when they're working and I'm running my mouth. Everyone at the Pointer has become the biggest part of my life in the past six months and I couldn't be happier.

But the point it, Comm Majors are the best. Sorry to Katie, Erin and Justin but you only half count in this one. I've studied in the other departments for different minors and its not the same. The relationships with other students are just not there the way they are in the CAC. I don't spend my weekends with people from my other classes, but every day I see Avra, Emily, Rod, Katie and my other cohorts that always seem to be in the CAC.

But anyway, I thank Erin for pointing this one out. Its not something I've thought about, but I have to say that I completely agree. Comm Majors rock and will point out everytime you put an 's' on the end of Communication.

2 comments:

erin said...

I don't even count at all! I'm only English!

I wish I could be as cool as the commies.

Avra Jean said...

jake you pooper, literally. I love you, i am crying a little.

ok, a lot.

you totally rock my world and i wouldnt have it any other way either.

*Two peas in a pod*
Love your precious pudgie!